Kimble Recycling and Disposal, Inc. is looking for several A-Level Truck Mechanics in our Cambridge, Dover and Twinsburg shops. The pay structure is based on experience and is consistent with other A-level mechanic positions. We are eastern Ohio's largest independently owned collection and disposal Company. We offer a safety bonus paid quarterly for all of Kimble Recycling Disposal, Inc. mechanics for meeting Safety, OSHA and DOT Requirements.
This position requires an experienced mechanic who could serve as a lead or supervisor if needed. You would primarily be working on a variety of large repairs for vehicles and equipment, focusing on our fleet of Refuse Trucks. Must have extensive knowledge of DOT rules and regulations.
$1800 SIGNING BONUS--TWINSBURG ONLY
- Safety is a primary consideration and all rules and regulations must be followed at all times.
- Assigned primarily to major repairs.
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times and if there are deviations to the times report to shift supervisor.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns if mechanic is designated as a field mechanic.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair time.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Daily Maintenance Reports.
- Sometimes responsible for assigning work projects, supervising, and writing reviews for junior mechanics.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Company and OSHA Standards and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
There is the opportunity for overtime as well as weekend and/or holiday work.
Minimum qualifications of this position include:
- Meets requirements for B, C & D Level Mechanics as well as:
- Advanced knowledge of Air Brakes
- Advanced knowledge of Steering and Suspension
- Advanced knowledge of Hydraulic Systems
- Advanced knowledge of Drive Train components
- Advanced knowledge of Electrical Systems
- Completes quality repairs with limited rework
- ASE certification in Brakes preferred
- Complete tool set with all hand and air tools up to half-inch drive
- Excellent Welding skills preferred
- CDL License preferred
- Successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen, background and motor vehicle records check
Kimble Companies offers a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability with a Health Savings account that grows using pre-tax money. We offer 401k plan with company match, Paid Vacation, Holidays and Paid Time Off, a very generous boot allowance, Safety Bonus paid quarterly and uniforms.
Please apply in person at one of our locations:
4217 Glen Hwy, Cambridge, OH 43725
3596 State Route 39 NW, Dover, Ohio 44622
8500 Chamberlin Rd, Twinsburg, OH 44087
Kimble Recycling and Disposal, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or national origin.