Academic Coach: After School Enrichment & Academic Mentoring Program
SCCAA Enrichment / Academic Coach must have a minimum of one year of postsecondary academic study in an accredited university or college with a (BA preferred) and must demonstrate a mastery of the subject area which he or she is seeks to tutor. The Enrichment / Academic Coach must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above. It is preferred that tutors have experience working with socially disadvantaged populations, in areas of teaching, peer tutoring, mentoring, and demonstrate a potential for leadership.
- Tutor students in a variety of academic subjects (math, reading, science and computer skills)
- Assist students with the development of effective study skill habits
- Mentor students in the areas of academics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide and maintain an atmosphere conducive to study and retention of materials.
- Mentor students by participating in enrichment/educational/cultural activities.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of student contact and maintain confidentiality.
- Responsible for active supervision of assigned participants.
$12.00-$15.00 per hour (based on education and experience)
Monday through Friday from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Schedule will be set by Program staff and will take into consideration Academic Tutor’s schedule.