Shearer’s Foods, LLC. is currently seeking an energetic, articulate, self -motivated, fast paced team player with a “can do” attitude to join our team as an Accounts Payable Specialist. This position is responsible for a high volume of invoice processing and provides support service to the overall organization.
• Matches invoices daily with internal purchase orders and addresses any quantity or price variances with appropriate approval.
• Reviews purchase orders, check requests, and/or other related documentation for completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures and contractual requirements.
• Enters accounts payable data into MAPICS daily via electronic data entry.
• Follows up on account statements and other discrepancies regarding payment of accounts and serves as liaison between departments and vendors in the resolution of problems and inquiries.
• Maintains accrual report for assigned segment(s).
• Performs miscellaneous ad-hoc duties to support the business as assigned.
• Associate Degree required and/or three to five years accounts payable experience
• Knowledge of standard accounts payable policies, procedures and regulations
• Ability to utilize an automated accounting system
• Ability to adapt to changing processes.
• Ability to understand and interpret vendor invoices, statements and other requests for payment.
• Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of general accounting principals.
• Basic data entry and/or word processing skills.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Knowledge of purchase orders and related accounts payable documentation.
Shearer’s Snacks is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation