Bekaert is a Safety First culture, with completive wage and benefits, looking for Machine Assistants and Machine Operators who want to join our customer focused team.
Entry Level positions starting at $15.00p/hr. Compensation commensurate with experience for tenured Operators.
Summary: Operates wire assembly machine and other equipment such as overhead crane, and tool and die equipment. Produces a variety of wire length parts. Maintains a safe and clean work area. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Set-up and operate wire machine with minimum supervision.
- Change over equipment and ensure quality of product.
- Make changes in prescribed operating conditions as necessary to produce quality products.
- Inspect machine visually, assign preventative maintenance if necessary
- Perform necessary test and measurements to assure product meets required specifications.
- Keep accurate products data and records as required.
- Correct or adjust any machine malfunction immediately to ensure continuity of production and quality of next process.
- Report any major machine malfunction immediately to Supervisor.
- Continually inspect products while performing other duties.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Manufacturing experience preferred;
- Strong focus on working safe
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Above average math skills
- Able to pass mechanical aptitude test
- Must be detail oriented and attention to quality
- Keep detailed records
- Must be willing to work in a team setting
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Great benefits & a great team!