Triple M Metal is North America's largest scrap dealer, operating several scrap yards in both the US and Canada. The company is opening a new scrap yard/warehouse in Lordstown, OH. Triple M Lordstown is currently seeking a Baler Operator.
The primary purpose of the Baler Operator is to ensure the operation of the baler at a consistent production level. The incumbent will succeed in doing this by maintaining a constant awareness of the sate of the baler and the production it outputs.
The scope of this position encompasses all aspects of the baler and its production in accordance with Triple M Metal LP operational standards.
MAJOR FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a list of the operational duties and result expectations associated with the position at hand. The tasks and time spent performing each task may vary depending on certain circumstances and business needs. Triple M Metal LP maintains the right to modify job responsibilities and duties at its own discretion.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates baler: controls the amount of material going into the baler from the crane and makes bales.
- Check baler before and after the shift to prevent damage and ensure safe operations.
- Ensures adequate amounts of oil in the tanks to run baler.
- Check baler counter to keep track of the number of bales produced in a shift.
- Cleans baler at the end of shift to prepare for next shift.
- Fast-paced environment in a dynamic industry.
- Challenging environment due to physical and psychological demands.
- Exposure to external environmental conditions such as: rain, snow, heat, ect.
- Exposure to internal environmental conditions such as noise, hazardous material, fire, ect.
- Adjustment to a variety of working conditions and hours on a continuous basis.
- Often required to deal with multi-faceted individuals and numerous interruptions.
- Employee may be subjected to extended periods of standing
- Employee may need to bend down for inspection purposes
- Employee may be required to climb the baler for inspection purposes.
Personal Protective Equipment (hard hat, steel toe boots, eye/ear protection, reflective vest)
Mobile equipment (forklift, bobcat, skid steer, etc)
The ideal candidate will have experience operating an HRB bailer in a scrap yard environment. Ability to differentiate between different alloys of non-ferrous metals would be a HUGE plus. Quick learner and team player with positive attitude and solid attendance record. Ability to work any shift. Ability to work outside in Ohio's different weather conditions.
Triple M Metal offers a competitive hourly wage, medical benefits, vacation, and 401k with company match.
Triple M Metal is an equal opportunity employer.
Principals only. No 3rd party agencies.