Banquet Set Up and Maintenance
About us: Hartville Kitchen is a Tripadvisor top rated restaurant and part of a campus of companies that has become a destination for customers from near and far. Our local, family owned company is a leader in the markets we serve and is full of people who work each day to go beyond our customers’ expectations. We are committed to being a great place to work and encourage our team members to excel and grow professionally.
About the position: The Banquet Set Up and Maintenance Associate sets the stage for a welcoming and flawless first impression that prepares our customers for a wonderful experience. Attention to detail is a must as we host events that range from concerts to weddings and key business presentations to baby showers, all very important moments in our customers’ lives. The message they receive about our commitment to quality and care for their special moment starts with a clean parking lot and building exterior and moves on to rooms that have been arranged with an eye for detail. They can also count on us to sweat the little things like making sure the audio and visual equipment is ready to go and the room is arranged to their satisfaction so that they can concentrate on a great time together with friends, family, and colleagues.
- Communicate regularly with the Hospitality Coordinator for instructions and set up requirements
- Efficient set up and tear down for events including tables, chairs and audio-visual equipment; may also include stages, dance floors, and display tables
- Cleaning rooms before and after events; bussing tables, removing trash, vacuuming, etc.
- Transport dirty linens to proper area for laundering
- Run the floor scrubber in the banquet hallway after each event
- Return all equipment to proper storage areas, clean and ready for the next event
- Keep storage areas clean and organized
- Clean and stock beverage machines with ice and products
- Check electrical hook-ups and tape down all cords while watching for other tripping hazards
- Stock and maintain all related work areas
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
- Operate company vehicles to pick up or deliver supplies
- Clean snow from and salt sidewalks
- Pick up trash and debris while occasionally cleaning the exterior of the building
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Strong attention to detail with an aptitude for solving problems
- Ability to interact with customers in a friendly and courteous manner
- Calmness in stressful situations with a drive to complete tasks quickly
At Hartville Kitchen, we serve others as we would want to be served. If you want to join a team that works each day to go beyond our customers’ expectations, then please apply for this great opportunity.