Are you a motivated, focused and eager leader looking for an opportunity where you can make a difference from day one? Then we want you! Here’s a few reasons to consider Shearer’s Snacks:
- Be a part of a company experiencing exciting, sustainable growth
- Experience company-wide spirit of teamwork and support
- Have immediate impact in your role
- Be heard and “counted at the table”
- Experience a culture of giving back
- Have an integral role in creating well-loved products
- Advance your career with an organization that prides itself on being the world's "go to manufacturer" for snack foods
You might not have heard of us, but you’ve certainly tasted our snacks! In fact, we’re the largest producer of the private label snacks America loves and the largest producer of kettle cooked chips in the world, and we’re looking for Production Supervisors in our 11 facilities nationwide.
The Human Resources Manager collaborates with site leaders at the Brewster and Navarre, OH locations to develop and drive human capital solutions that align with delivering business results. The leader will take an active role in ensuring the company reaches its goals by leading employee relations, performance management, compensation, HR compliance and operations, organizational development and other HR projects. The role will also play an integral part in developing and driving the company culture as well as employee engagement programs and initiatives. The ideal candidate will want to roll up their sleeves and dive into day to day issues, as well as lead strategic initiatives and projects. The Human Resources Manager will report to the Sr. Director, Human Resources.
- This is a true generalist role and will be involved in projects that touch all aspects of HR such as employee relations, compensation, benefits, talent management, succession planning, performance management, HR policy, talent acquisition and training.
- Pursues continuing improvement of Human Resources policies and practices in alignment with and support of the organization’s Mission, Vision, Values, and business objectives.
- Provides leadership to coordinate both organizational and people-related goals and strategy.
- Partners with the company wide network of Human Resources professionals to drive business goals through people strategy.
- Partners with HR specialists to drive key organizational initiatives around talent acquisition, associate relations, associate development, talent management, benefits, and compensation.
- The position will be a strategic business partner with the site(s) leadership teams with the recruiting, hiring and onboarding process by offering guidance in clarifying role accountability, developing candidate pipelines, and leading continuous improvement in the overall recruiting/hiring/onboarding processes.
- Developing and reporting on key performance indicators around employee engagement, turnover, focusing on continuous improvement in the KPI's.
- Develops the communication strategy and vehicle s to support the needs of the locations.Provides leadership and oversight of the communications systems to ensure the right audiences get the right information at the right time, across the company and to the plant floor level
- Develops solutions, policies and programs necessary to drive business results.
- Consults with business leaders to develop strategic workforce plans in line with the Integrated Operating Company model and supports the business strategy.
- Develop/Facilitate/ Implement comprehensive change management strategies to guide organization to future state, while solving complex problems.
- Bachelor's degree required; preference for PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certifications and/or Advanced degree.
- 5+ years of progressive HR experience focused in employee relations, performance management, HR compliance, driving organizational change, and influencing organizations.
- Proven experience in a strategic Human Resources business partner role where business objectives were measured and evaluated.
- Demonstrated performance leading change initiatives within an organization.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to effectively implement HR strategies to support business goals.
- Excellent communication skills and executive presence/poise.
- Results-driven, process-improvement focused, and able to build consensus.
- Provide leadership, direction, and change management for the Brewster and Navarre locations while the organization is going through a large transformation.
- Develop organization and talent capabilities in strong engagement and performance culture.