ThIs CFO should be a seasoned and mature leader with broad manufacturing finance experience gathering and evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations to senior leadership. Position reports to the President, with dotted line to parent company. Will direct the financial operation, information systems, and human resources functions of the organization, and integrate its administrative systems and processes into unified support of the organization’s operations. (U.S. Citizen or Perm Residents only)QUALIFICATIONS:
Will work closely with the President and the senior management team, as well as with management of the parent company, in monitoring, analyzing and improving the operating results of the company. Will continually evaluate best industry practices in comparison to internal systems and needed resources, with an eye toward both future needs and budget realities. The goal is to build a level of sophistication that enables continued innovation as the organization continues its growth, support increasingly complex demands, and yet remain true to the organization’s culture.
The CFO will implement the infrastructure/systems needed to support substantial growth over the next five to ten years. This position will continue to build and manage effective and streamlined administrative/financial systems, including financial accounting, information technology (IT), and human resources (HR).
As a member of the senior management team, the VP Finance/CFO will be involved in strategic planning, evaluation, and professional development initiatives as a mentor.
- A minimum 15 years of manufacturing, financial and administrative management experience of which at least 5-10 years as CFO of $100 million plus manufacturing organization or business unit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA and/or MBA in finance or accounting and prior public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Excellent cost accounting knowledge, including activity based costing methods and absorption modeling.
- Must have experience managing finance (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting), HR, and IT for a multi-site, manufacturing business.
- Chemical industry preferred.
- Experience should include legal, audit, compliance, budget, and resource development.
- Knowledge and ability to implement profit drivers.
- Demonstrated excellence in managing finance, accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting.
- Experience creating and driving the analytic framework for planning and managing organizational change.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Proficiency - (Microsoft Dynamics AX software preferred)
- Good understanding of credit reporting agencies (D&B).
- Proficient in reading / interpreting financial statements.
- Broad understanding of business issues, metrics, organizational linkages, and customer value.
- Familiar with Lean 6.
- High degree of initiative, creativity, and problem solving ability.
- Ability to serve as a strong confident partner to the President.
- Flexible to adapt to changing circumstances and to reassess plans in the face of new information.
- Ability to delegate and execute results.
- Proven willingness to take a participatory approach to management and be a team player.