Growing machine shop with customers in the Aerospace and Heavy Truck industry, located in the Akron/Canton area, has immediate openings for the right person(s) to make a significant contribution to the growth of our company
Major areas of responsibility include:
• Makes high quality parts to specifications.
• Helps develop workable methods for machining operations.
• Makes proper use of machines, tooling and inspection equipment.
• Sets up, machines and inspects all required operations.
• Proficient in checking their own work.
Qualifications necessary are:
• Proficient on CNC mills, horizontal and vertical .
• Proficient with some programming skills.
• Sets up tools and fixtures.
• Selects and uses inspection equipment and techniques.
• Interpret drawings and specifications.
• Determines acceptability of quality of work.
• Deburrs and finishes at a high level of quality.
• Meets time and quality standards.
• Seeks out additional duties when it is needed.
• Brings up potential problems with suggested solutions.
• Promotes a positive environment through what is said and by setting an example.
Education/Experience: Graduate of related two-year vocational school program and three years related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Compensation Dayshift: Competitive based on knowledge and experience.
Compensation Nightshift : 10% premium to your actual worked wages each pay period. A 4.6% shift bonus will be paid quarterly if:
• you are employed on the last day of the quarter, (March 31st, June 30th, September 30th, December 31st)
• Vacation hours and holiday hours do not qualify for the shift bonus.
Benefit package and 401k Plan offered after successful completion of 60 day probationary period. EOE