CODER I – Full Time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Coder I works under the supervision of the UPS Managers. Codes and abstracts data for services from the UPS providers with a professional coding aspect, utilizing Epic, Allscripts and Medent. With assistance using AAPC coder, Vitalware and utilizing ICD-10-CM and current CPT manuals. The Coder I maintains current knowledge relating to CCI manual, Federal and State guidelines. Analyzes all records for completeness and accuracy. Performs other duties.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work inherent in the job.
1. High School Graduate or Equivalent.
2. RHIT and/or CPC credentialed.
3. Minimum of one-year coding work experience in medical environment is highly preferred.
4. Proficient in non-facility professional coding with a background in orthopedics preferred.
5. proficient in ICD-10-CM and CPT coding.
6. Knowledge of using computer application to perform coding/abstracting. Knowledge of Meditech,
3M and Computer Assisted Coding applications a plus.
7. Epic system knowledge preferred
8. Multiple task oriented, ability to work independently and prioritize work.
9. Excellent communication with the providers
10. Excellent interpersonal skills/ability to work well with people projecting a positive image for the Hospital.
11. Excellent organizational, communication, and detail skills.
12. Ability to remain calm and function well in stressful situations.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.