encompass Christian Counseling Center (a division of CCHO) in Ashland, OH is seeking a CPST Specialist to provide community psychiatric support treatment services to children, adolescents and their families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: It is the responsibility of each employee to be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ and to adhere to the Standard of Moral Conduct and Statement of Faith. Further, each employee is responsible for dealing with others with a Christ-like attitude while helping them experience their worth in Christ, and for demonstrating behaviors reflecting CCHO's core values of Relentless Commitment, Selflessness, and Kindness.
Other essential functions of the job include the following:
- CPST services are focused on the client’s “ability to succeed in the community; to identify and access needed services; and to show improvement in school, work and family and integration and contributions within the community” (OAC 5122-29-17).
- Duties of the CPST may be conducted in person or by phone and will include those designated by the above Ohio Code:
- Ongoing assessment of needs
- Assistance in achieving personal independence in managing basic needs
- Facilitation of development of daily living skills
- Coordination of the ISP, including provision of services in the ISP; accessing and linking to support systems and formal community services
- Symptom monitoring
- Coordination and assistance in crisis management and stabilization
- Advocacy and outreach
- Education and training specific to the needs of the client and family
- Interventions that eliminate barriers to seeking or maintaining education and employment
- Activities that increase the client’s capacity to positively impact his/her environment
- Completes treatment plans (ISPs) in collaboration with client, formulating goals, objectives and interventions relevant to client’s diagnosis; and reviewing – at least quarterly – ongoing medical necessity of those goals (and/or diagnoses) in conjunction with client’s progress in treatment.
- Aids clients in making and carrying out all objectives in accordance with their mental health treatment plan.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities, including, but not limited to, peer review and case record reviews.
- Provides well-written documentation on all clients to assist therapist in developing the minimum of mental health assessments, ISPs, discharge summaries, weekly progress notes and recommendations when necessary.
- Attend community and agency meetings as needed, including, but not limited to staff meetings, clinical and/or small group supervision as required to increase & maintain competencies in mental health field.
- Engage in on-going training and maintenance of licensure and/or mental health credentials.
- Provide on-call services, as needed.
Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred, with strong preference given to a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work. Two years’ experience in mental health or related field preferred; experience working with children and families strongly preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk or run; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is often required to stand or walk for extended periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; use hands, reach with arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The ability to cope with and tolerate moderate levels of stress is also a necessity. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This job requires the employee to maintain licensure and drive a motor vehicle in the state of Ohio.
References, background checks and drug screenings will be completed on all potential candidates. EOE.
*** All interested applicants, please also download application at
and submit with resume to email@example.com.***