Goodwill Industries of Greater Cleveland and East Central Ohio is currently seeking a Full Time Cashier to join our Route 62 team in Canton, Ohio.
The cashier (clerk/processor) represents the Agency to the general public by actions and friendliness and is in a key position to develop on-going positive customer relations. This person handles customer transactions, maintains store merchandise, and keeps accurate records.
- Itemizes purchases on point-of-sale system, handles cash and makes change, and implements agency programs i.e. Round Up, Good Points, etc.
- Utilizes personal computer software to input starting and ending cash amounts and maintain accurate customer records.
- Handles customer disputes, makes exchanges according to policy and assists customers in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Assists in stock rotation merchandise racks, shelves and other displays in a presentable manner.
- Assists store team leadership in the training of new personnel.
- Assists in maintaining a clean store; such as, cleaning shelves, dusting, vacuuming floors, cleaning windows and mirrors.
- Receives and processes quality donations quickly, which includes sorting, tagging, testing, cleaning and prepares all materials for sale in the stores, meeting production goals.
- Assists in compliance with policies and procedures, as well as safety or security measures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong mathematic skills
- Experience with operation of personal computers preferred.
- Know different shades and tones of color
- Know merchandise within a variety of categories: name brand, antiques, vintage, collectables to name a few.
- Ability to visually inspect clothing.
- A high school diploma preferred.
- Work weekends, nights and holidays as required.
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of position including but not limited to: constant standing, constant bilateral reach and handling ability; constant fingering and pinch grip; requires constant ability to lift/carry up to 30 lbs.; may require constant shoulder height reaching with either hand and firm grasp; frequent bending; may squat; requires frequent ability to push/pull less than 20 lbs.
This is a Full-time hourly position with offered benefits of Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Retirement, and Paid time off.
Background checks and pre-employment drug screens will be performed.
Apply Online using Apply Now Button.
Help Make Good Skills Possible: Join the Goodwill Team Today! Equal Opportunity Employer- Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran