We are a busy independent community pharmacy seeking a Certified and Registered Pharmacy Technician. Pharmacy or medical office experience is required. At least 2 years preferred. Must be flexible, accurate, and customer service oriented.
• Expedites prescription processing by performing all duties necessary and allowable by policy or law.
• Receives new and refilled prescriptions from customers for filling.
• Processes cash register transactions for new and refilled prescriptions.
• Answers incoming calls, directs to Pharmacist, when appropriate, such as new prescriptions, questions about medication, judgmental decision, etc
• Completes and processes third-party documents.
• Answers incoming phone calls, takes customer orders.
• Maintains open communication with patients/clients and referral sources.
• Responds to patient/client questions and problems.
• Service walk-in customers.
• Sets up new patient/client files. Verifies private insurance, Medicare and Medicaid coverage.
• Develops and maintains a working knowledge of current Medicare, Medicaid, insurance regulations.
Full time position available. The ideal candidates are highly motivated self-starters with ability to multi-task and who possesses strong communication skills, knowledge of insurance companies, & customer service skills, ability to work independently & possesses a strong desire to learn.