Job Title: Chrome Plating Operator
1st Shift Position
Summary of Position: To perform duties that have been specifically designed for the application of a chrome finish onto the surface of steel mill work rolls.
Notice: Chrome Deposit is willing to train qualified individuals that may not meet all requirements
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Inspect and maintain chrome plating related equipment to ensure proper working condition.
- Operate such equipment in a safe manner according to established procedures.
- Perform cleaning, inspecting, and plating of parts according to customer specifications and procedures.
- Operate overhead crane/hoist to apply finish to parts.
- Operate overhead crane/hoist to Unload/Load trucks.
- Working with various hazardous chemicals.
- Maintain required work records and documentation.
- Comply with all company safety procedures and quality standards.
- Perform other jobs and duties as assigned.
Successful candidate will:
- be able to work 1st shift with a rotating weekend schedule along with availability to work overtime which may include Saturdays/Sundays and must be able to report to work earlier than 7am if required,
- be at least 18 years old,
- have a high school diploma or GED,
- possess High School equivalent knowledge of Reading, Writing and Mathematics,
- possess a strong attention to detail,
- be required to wear steel toe work boots, safety glasses, and any other required Personal Protective Equipment if needed,
- possess average knowledge of computer functions,
- be able to lift up to 50 lbs.,
- have a stable work history, and
- Pass a pre-employment physical, background check, and drug test after an offer is made.
Chrome deposit is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Zero Tolerance Drug Free Workplace
Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Holiday Pay, 401K Retirement Plan with profit sharing. Company Paid Uniforms, Company Paid Work Boot Allowance (Annually).