Class B CDL Driver - Mechanical Division
*CLASS A DRIVERS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Drives truck transporting materials and equipment to specific construction job sites performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verifies and secures loads.
- Inspects truck for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition.
- Drives truck to assigned destination(s).
- Assists workers in unloading and loading truck when required.
- Performs emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires, installing light bulbs, fuses, etc.
- Maintains cleanliness of vehicle.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence.
- Fills work orders, or requests for materials, tools or other stock items.
- Maintains inventory records.
- Utilizes tow behind trailer to make deliveries and pick ups
- Delivers and picks up permit applications, permits, and approved drawings
- Must be able to work OT and off hour shifts as required
- Other duties assigned
- 3+ years of experience driving a stake body truck and trailer required
- High school diploma or GED is required, vocational or industry trade school is a plus.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a current DOT Medical Card required.
- Class B CDL required
- Valid driver’s license with driving record that meets or exceeds Company standards found in the Fleet Policy required.
- Good organizational skills.
- Able to lift a minimum of 75 pounds.