This position is within the Energy Transfer shipping department. The job requires a safe, courteous driver who values an on time schedule. The driver will makes local truck pickups and deliveries of company products as well as operate material handling equipment.
- Perform a variety of duties in the operation of the shipping department, such as hauling, pickup, loading, unloading, etc.
- May plan route to insure most economical use of time and equipment.
- Obtain order crates from shipping yard and haul to customer site.
- Secure load to appropriate measures to ensure safe arrival at destination.
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety standards.
- Complete a daily truck log and submit reports of mileage covered at EOD.
- Observe and report equipment or mechanical failures immediately
- Find ways to conserve resources, including fuel, to benefit the business
- Serve as a brand advocate and ambassador in every interaction with clients and the public
- Conduct daily inspections of the vehicle at the end of the shift and report any problems or damage to management.
- Comply with all DOT and in-house regulations and rules.
- Assist the shipping department with packaging, loading, and unloading. (secondary)
- Operate an in-house forklift or material handling equipment. (secondary)
- A high school diploma with CDL class B training with 1 year of relevant experience.
- Must be physically fit to get in and out of equipment and able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Read and comprehend traffic, DOT, and road instructions.
- Have experience safely operating commercial equipment.
- Experience safely operating an industrial lift truck.
- Problem Solving.
- Decision Making.
- Time Management.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Clean driving record.