This position is responsible for leading the Shearer Perfection System within a manufacturing plant, providing overall direction, support, and execution leadership, focusing on the six SPS pillars leadership, SSW (Safety, Sustainability, and Wellness), people, quality, maintenance, and focused improvement. The overall objective is to drive continuous improvement in Shearer’s manufacturing system.
- On a regular and ongoing basis, have a detailed understanding of the metrics and measures that underlie the six SPS pillars.
- Utilizing associate engagement techniques such as Kaizen, FIT, Safety Committee, Green Team, 5S, and other similar programs or teams, harness the intellectual energy of ALL associates to drive continuous improvement.
- Function as a key member of the plant leadership team.
- Utilize the STAR methodology, and teach / coach others in this process: Study, Trial, Act, Reward, as follows:
Study – observe, measure, look at history, talk to operators
Trial – root cause, brainstorm, prioritize
Act - train, execute, track
Reward – publicize, celebrate
- Develop scorecards around the SPS pillars and communicate throughout the organization.
- Utilizing the Skill Matrix, facilitate the tracking and assessment of associate’s technical skills, and provide recommendations for technical development.
- As a result of the above activities and processes, execute programs and drive continuous improvement as defined by the key performance indicators.
- Minimum on one year of manufacturing leadership experience as a production supervisor, production manager, or similar role, in a food manufacturing facility.
- Significant experience with continuous improvement tools such as kaizen, 5S, six sigma, and other such associate engagement and process improvement techniques.
- Four year degree or the equivalent in experience.
- Applicable academic and / or professional experience in food science, engineering, or general business.
- Great analytical skills and ability to understand complex manufacturing systems.
- Proven leadership experience and ability to lead cross functional teams through influence, not just in direct reporting relationships.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work a varied schedule as needed to support a 24 / 7 operation.
Ability and willingness to travel to other Shearer’s location (travel approximately 10 – 20%)