This candidate is responsible for designing electrical schematics including power, control and field wiring, including bills of material and installation drawings. The candidate will also act as a project leader, attending meetings on site and at the customer’s site so that the system design meets all specifications. The candidate may also be required to travel to customer’s facilities to assist in troubleshooting and commissioning of equipment.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design control systems based on reference projects or customer specifications.
- Interface with mechanical department and customer to ensure the system design meets both the customer’s needs and our requirements.
- Design field installation drawings.
- Ability to work with and interface with internal project managers and external customers.
The position requires knowledge of the following:
- Siemens and Rockwell hardware
- AutoCad Electrical
- PLC and HMI programming a plus
- Familiar with UL508A, NFPA79, CE
- AC Drives experience
- Microsoft Office products
Education and/or Experience:
- Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology degree
- Minimum three years related experience
About Compass Systems and Sales:
We are engineers in every sense of the word. For over two decades, we have found better ways to move materials, providing both standard and custom solutions to our customers.
You can trust Compass to point the way to the most efficient solution.
WHY A CAREER WITH COMPASS?