Position summary: The Controls Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, installing, managing and/or maintaining equipment which is used to monitor and control engineering systems, machinery and processes used by The M.K. Morse Company.
Essential functions - The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Understand the manufacturing process to be able to drive improvements in cycle time, quality and efficiency.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives throughout the organization.
- Implement cost reduction ideas or projects when increase uptime, reduce scrap, and increase throughput to meet manufacturing objectives.
- Understand and follow company procedures to be able to work within the system and effect change.
- Perform highly technical maintenance tasks as needed.
- Develop gauging and inspection systems.
- Knowledge of machine guarding and safety.
- PLC / HMI programing.
- Knowledge of NFPA 79 (Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery).
- Machine level electrical control design and installation.
- Automate functions of machines where possible working with the Manufacturing engineers.
- Labview programing.
- New equipment development both in-house and working with outside vendors.
Skills, competencies and experience requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years hands on experience working in the manufacturing industry.
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing.
- Excellent communication, including very good written skills.
- Knowledge of the tools and practices of drafting.
- Able to review design plans and drawings for conformance to regulations and requirements.
- Must be well organized and possess strong work ethic.
- CAD experience (both 2D and 3D)
- Experience with cross functional teams.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have a high energy level and be a self starter.
- Must be proficient Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.