Shearer’s Foods is currently seeking an energetic, articulate, self-motivated, individual with a “can do” attitude to join a fast paced Corporate & Accounting Treasury team as an Accounts Payable Specialist. This position is responsible for a high volume of invoice processing and provides support services to the overall organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Matches invoices daily with internal purchase orders and addresses any quantity or price variances with appropriate approval.
• Reviews purchase orders, check requests, and/or other related documentation for completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures and contractual requirements.
• Enters accounts payable data into ERP daily via electronic data entry.
• Follows up on account statements and other discrepancies regarding payment of accounts and serves as liaison between departments and vendors in the resolution of problems and inquiries.
• Maintains receipts accrual report for assigned business segment(s).
• Converts vendors to payments via credit card and maintains active vendors on the ActivePay program.
• Requests, sets up, and maintains corporate credit card accounts for the Shearer’s Corporate Card program.
• Schedules payment of invoices using various payment methods including check, ACH and ActivePay (credit card) as per the approved payment schedule and department manager authorization.
• Prints and mails manual checks as approved by requestor and department manager.
• Performs miscellaneous ad hoc duties to support the business as assigned.
• Associates degree in accounting or business preferred or comparable experience.
• Three to five years accounts payable experience in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of standard accounts payable policies, procedures and regulations.
• Must have strong attention to detail with high accuracy and a solid understanding of accounts payable procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
• Ability to understand and interpret vendor invoices, statements and other requests for payment.
• Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
• Strong communication, problem solving analytical, and customer service skills required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel required