Shearer’s Foods is currently seeking an energetic, articulate, self-motivated, individual with a “can do” attitude to join a fast paced Corporate & Accounting Treasury team as an Accounts Receivable Specialist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and analyze assigned customer claims for product shortages, damages, pricing discrepancies, customer incentives, or other deductions taken by customers and collaborate with customer service, distribution, and the sales team to resolve in a timely manner.
- Review/analyze assigned deductions into the deduction management tool in a timely manner including clearing batches in ERP upon proper approval.
- Reconcile assigned cash receipts daily against banking with customer invoice details and input cash receipt batches into the ERP timely with 100% accuracy.
- Contact customers and access customer portals for remittance detail and deduction/claims support as necessary to accurately apply customer payments.
- Collaborate with deduction team on product shortages/damages, pricing discrepancies or other deductions taken by customers to properly create AR adjustment invoices into the ERP daily.
- Prepare payments for cash application and process corresponding credits/debits to forward to distributors along with back-up documentation.
- Process corresponding credits/debits for four independent distributors including month-end reconciliation and reporting.
- Process assigned independent distributor EDI data entry for certain customer sales.
- Promptly respond to customer correspondence and requests in a professional manner.
- Generate copies of statements, invoices to customers as required.
- Assist collection specialist for customer updates/inquiries as necessary.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the accounts receivable department.
- Associates degree in accounting or business.
- Three to five years accounts receivable experience in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong attention to detail with high accuracy and a solid understanding of accounts receivable procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Strong communication, problem solving analytical, and customer service skills required.
- Ability to work independently as well as to collaborate in a team environment.
- Excel intermediate skills required.