Shearer’s Foods is currently seeking an energetic, articulate, self-motivated, individual with a “can do” attitude to join a fast paced Corporate & Accounting Treasury team as an Accounts Receivable Specialist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for customer account setup/maintenance, including but not limited to early payment discount terms internal audits.
- Generate RMA’s, miscellaneous invoices, and credits as necessary for all Shearer’s locations.
- Prepare monthly and annual closing of the accounts receivable modules, including accounts receivable and intercompany reconciliations.
- Review/analyze and dispute trends for early payment discounts and/or deductions that are taken outside of normal business terms with applicable customers.
- Review/analyze assigned deductions in the deduction management tool in a timely manner including clearing batches in ERP upon proper approval.
- Contact customers and access customer portals for remittance detail and deduction/claims support as necessary to accurately apply customer deductions.
- Collaborate with deduction team on product shortages/damages, pricing discrepancies or other deductions taken by customers to properly create AR adjustment invoices into the ERP.
- Process corresponding credits/debits for independent distributors including month-end reconciliation and reporting.
- Process assigned independent distributor EDI data entry for certain customer sales.
- Promptly respond to customer correspondence and requests in a professional manner.
- Assist collection specialist for customer updates/inquiries as necessary.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the accounts receivable department.
- Associates degree in accounting or business.
- Three to five years accounts receivable experience in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong attention to detail with high accuracy and a solid understanding of accounts receivable procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Strong communication, problem solving analytical, and customer service skills required.
- Ability to work independently as well as to collaborate in a team environment.
- Excel intermediate skills required.