As a senior technical advisor for the Company and leader of the Corporate Planned Maintenance Pillar within the Shearer’s Perfection System this individual will design and implement a coherent maintenance and reliability strategy aimed at reducing breakdowns and extending manufacturing equipment life. This strategy will include: fully implementing the eight core competencies of Planned Maintenance Pillar (Daily Equipment Care Support, Lubrication Management, Spare Parts Management, Condition Based Monitoring, Cost Management, Preventative Maintenance, Technical Skills Development, Zero Failure Activities), providing technical leadership in support of lean manufacturing objectives, and ensuring full utilization of all maintenance information systems, including our CMMS, to maximize reliability and asset utilization. This position reports to the Senior Director of Continuous Improvement / LEAN.
- Create a maintenance and reliability strategy that supports the company’s North Star – Make It Better, Sell it Better, Improve Continuously.
- Implement the Planned Maintenance Pillar of the Shearer’s Perfection System utilizing the eight core competences (Daily Equipment Care Support, Lubrication Management, Spare Parts Management, Condition Based Monitoring, Cost Management, Preventative Maintenance, Technical Skills Development, Zero Failure Activities) to support our continuous improvement and lean manufacturing objectives.
- Coordinate best practice sharing, reliability, planning, estimating, and scheduling tactics, techniques, and procedures across the network.
- Ensure optimization of all CMMS related processes.
- Implement maintenance information systems designed to capture relevant goals and metrics (KPIs) that support strategies to reduce breakdowns, increase overall equipment life, and optimize productivity.
- Lead the Corporate Planned Maintenance Pillar.
- Act as a key member of the Corporate Early Equipment Development Pillar.
- Provide Technical support (related to reliability / maintenance services) for all Manufacturing and Distribution sites and all production equipment.
- Four year degree in engineering, or the equivalent in experience. Mechanical, Industrial, and Process engineering fields preferred.
- Ten years of experience in manufacturing or project engineering, preferably in the food processing and consumer packaged goods industries.
- Significant hands on experience in leading maintenance teams.
- Significant record of achievement with regard to lean manufacturing support, continuous improvement, and breakdown reduction.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Understands the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) Process.
- Applicable systems and software knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create a culture of accountability and teamwork.
Willingness and ability to travel 50% or more.