The Sanitation and Audit Manager will evaluate, through auditing, and continuously improve Shearer’s sanitation and IPM programs. The candidate will serve as a liaison between operations, third party contractors, and Food Safety and Quality leadership to ensure all company, customer and regulatory requirements are met.
This successful candidate will effectively manage and implement corporate standards for sanitation and IPM policies and programs to protect food safety and quality assurance and ensure regulatory compliance. This person will monitor and assess sanitation and IPM operations at the manufacturing plants, and measure program compliance to Shearer’s standards of an audit-ready expectation.
- Collaborate with facility teams to coach the sites sanitation personnel; supporting the development of a talent pipeline for sanitation and pest management at site level.
- Lead sanitation and pest management strategy across the manufacturing facility sites, improving established ways of working and delivering against key metrics reflected in the company business objectives.
- Audit the sanitation and pest management agenda at the sites, challenging the factory management team where necessary to ensure consistent compliance with schedules and goals to ensure wholesome, quality products that meet customer and regulatory standards.
- Lead and support Shearer’s and GFSI standards implementation and maintenance at the manufacturing facilities; driving the appropriate mindset and behavior.
- Sustain an efficient sanitation and pest management system, in compliance to SQF, FSMA and Shearer’s standards; including CAPA and training related to these key programs.
- First line of contact for sanitation, chemical and pest contractors to ensure coordinated communication throughout company facility network.
- Ensure the integration of sanitation and pest management procedures and processes into Maintenance Connect® program to drive quality performance, inventory management and standardized metrics.
- Support facility responses to sanitation and/or pest management trends; ensuring corrective and preventive actions are defined and implemented.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate key metrics, incidents and continuous improvement reviews of sanitation and pest prevention programs to ensure transparency of compliance, trends, and corrective actions at management levels and coordinate site CAPA activities into corporate reports.
- Participate in 3rd party audit meetings and process.
- Provide management with updates on status of work, initiatives, and projects, as required.
- Maintain corporate standard SSOP's and other communication tools.
- Audit and collaborate with facility teams for continuous improvement of SSOPs and other program supporting elements to address deficiencies and ensure consistent compliance with corporate, regional, and federal sanitation and pest control requirements.
- Monitor and provide continuous improvement support to facility employee training activities designed to maintain knowledge and safe execution of SSOPs and pest responses.
- Work with plant leadership to assure development of and compliance to SSOPs appropriate to the cleaning activity, environment and equipment.
- Provide technical guidance on the purchase of materials and equipment related to sanitation issues.
- Oversee and manage programs to audit cleaning chemical and pest vendors.
- Oversee training of plant management related to sanitation and pest programs to ensure capability development.
- Ensure new processes and equipment installations are designed to provide proper sanitation and prevent compromises to food safety.
- Participate in sanitary design solution issues working with engineering or maintenance personnel.
- Participate in prioritizing capital projects related to Sanitation and Food Safety.
- The responsibilities listed above are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this position. Shearer’s may modify duties, including essential functions, to support the needs of the business.
- A Bachelors' Degree in food science or related field and 5 - 7 years related work experience OR Master’s degree and 3 - 5 years applicable work experience of supervisory sanitation and pest management experience in manufacturing and/or auditing, with industry experience in food safety/quality systems.
- In-depth knowledge of auditing Food Safety Management Systems and/or Sanitation programs demonstrated through a combination of education and experience:
- Lead auditor training for any FSMS standard; ISO22000 is preferred.
- SQF Practitioner and trainings in Preventive Controls for Human Food, HACCP, and/or Internal Auditing are preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others in a matrix-driven organization.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written; with sound judgment, organization, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrable quantitative and analytical skills.