Working with the Sales and Operations Planning function, develop monthly and weekly production schedules in order to match plant operating capacity with customer needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Customer Service to understand customer requirements.
- As part of a corporate team and in conjunction with the overall Sales and Operations Planning function, assign production to specific plants based on customer needs and plant capacity with the dual objectives of achieving excellent customer service results while optimizing company-wide manufacturing performance.
- Using a working knowledge of plant manufacturing capacity and capability, develop a specific production schedule that aligns with customer orders.
- Utilizing the existing ERP process and protocols, communicate the specific schedule to the plant planning function.
- Monitor progress, adjust where needed, and communicate status and changes to Customer Service, plant Planning, Warehousing / Distribution, and other groups as necessary.
- Develop ideas for continuous improvement in order to optimize planning and manufacturing processes.
- Practical, cross functional experience in many of the following areas:
- Candidates should have a Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university
Planning and Scheduling in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to develop a detailed understanding of manufacturing capabilities and capacities.
- Great communications skills and proven ability to work cross functionally in a collaborative and integrated operating environment.
- Experience with ERP tools.
- Strong written, mathematical and reasoning skills.
- Word, Excel and related applications is essential.