The Financial Analyst position will play an integral role in the reporting and analysis of the 11 manufacturing facilities at Shearer’s Snacks. Key areas of responsibility include: posting journal entries, weekly and monthly reporting of key plant metrics, variance analysis, and special projects support. This position will report to the Finance Manager – Continuous Improvement and will support multiple aspects of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile, analyze and distribute weekly and monthly reports.
- Analyze and post production accounting journal entries each week with focus on accounts that impact the plant’s key metrics.
- Partner with the FP&A and Plant teams to identify savings opportunities in our facilities.
- Actively look for ways to improve current reporting model by standardizing reports, reducing completion time, and developing new tools that provide higher quality information to our internal customers.
- Maintain a flexible and positive attitude while managing numerous projects, changing priorities and working with multiple teams.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Accounting or Finance Major preferred.
- 0-2 years of work experience in cost accounting, finance, analytics and/or strategic business consulting is preferred.
- Highly proficient Excel capabilities as well as a strong understanding of MS Word and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of management.
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities to adhere to the fast paced environment.
- Detail-oriented approach to all reporting to ensure quality and accuracy of information.
- Ability to collaborate on a team environment, whether it is with corporate or plant personnel.