The Database AWS Engineer is responsible for supporting our Patriot Software organization. Our systems are currently in SQL Server hosted in multiple Amazon Web Services (AWS) RDS instances but are looking to change the mix with a focus on the cloud and open source.
To be successful in this position, you will not only need to have command of traditional database technologies and associated administration work but will also need to have the proven ability and desire to learn new technologies, such as AWS and services that the organization will potentially utilize.
- Help develop sustainable data-driven solutions with current database technologies to meet the needs of our organization and business customers
- Ability to grasp/master new technologies rapidly as needed to progress varied initiatives
- Able to break down complex data issues and resolve them
- Builds robust systems with an eye on the long-term maintenance and support of the application
- Helps drive cross-team design and influencing/development via technical leadership/mentoring
- Influence cross team/matrix organization
- Broader knowledge sharing
- Provide technical guidance to team members
- Understands complex multi-tier, multi-platform systems
- At least 3 years of experience in configuring, managing, and troubleshooting SQL Server
- At least 3 years of experience with database backup and recovery, including implementing disaster recovery standards
- At least 2 years of experience in AWS cloud computing platform migrating databases to Amazon RDS & EC2
- At least 3 years of experience with database design, optimization, and tuning
- At least 2 years of experience using Github
- At least 2 years of experience in continuous integration and development methodologies tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience in an Agile development environment
- Experience translating business requirements to an IT solution.
- 3+ years of experience in AWS cloud computing platform migrating databases (SQL Server) to Amazon RDS & EC2
- Experience with Postgres and/or MySQL is a plus.