Founded in 1933 by Joseph Fisher, Fisher Foods Marketing Inc. has been the locally owned leader in the Grocery industry in Stark County, Ohio. The Fisher Family is committed to the local community we serve, and is currently in the fourth generation of family commitment to the business. Below are Fishers Mission, Vision, and Core Values to which we hold each and every member of Fisher’s team of employees accountable:
We are committed to providing high quality foods, products and services that enrich the lives of our customers and our employees, and we do so profitably. We live here, we work here, and we are passionate about serving our Stark County community .
Our vision is to be the highest performance organization in Ohio. We achieve this by empowering our employees, providing an extraordinary customer experience, and delivering positive financial results.
Core Values – Our “CIRCL” of Excellence
C ompetitiveness: We are creative and relentless in our pursuit of bringing value and excellent service to our customers while continuously improving our performance.
I ntegrity: We treat employees, customers and vendors with respect, honesty and loyalty.
R ecognition: We are recognized and respected as THE grocery leader in Stark County.
C leanliness: We provide a safe, clean environment for our customers and employees
L ocal Community: We live here and work here; we are committed to serving our local community.
To facilitate all phases of buying, management and merchandising in Fisher’s Deli Departments for all seven store locations. This also includes taking direction from others on the Fishers Management Team through but not limited to the duties listed below:
- Conveys a commitment to providing unsurpassed Customer Service by performing the following Sales and Service process steps:
-Execute our Mission, Vision and Values (MVV) while interacting with all customers,
fellow employees and vendors
-Ability to support problem solving and troubleshooting
-Willing to engage customers, employees and vendors with use of our technology to
- Supervision and training of all Deli, Marketplace and Seafood staff
- Security and honesty of employees
- Personal adherence to all Fishers policies and procedures
- Exhibiting flexibility in your weekly schedule
- Keeping everyone informed through excellent verbal and written communication
- Being creative and coming up with new ideas.
- Successful merchandising of all departments under your direction.
- Responsibility for maintaining adequate gross margins and profitability of departments
- Controlling inventory, production, and shrink.
- Buying of product from vendors with the highest standards of integrity. You can not personally accept any benefit from a vendor, without the clear express consent of Fishers ownership.
- Must be wiling to learn ***
- Must be proficient in Micrsoft Office ’97, with particular attention to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Basis of Evaluation
The primary basis of evaluation for this position is through customer interaction and/or feedback along with the achievement of planned goals for sales, gross profit and operating profit for the Deli departments.
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
- Years of experience and/or educational background
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and listening skills among all levels of employment (Hourly, Salary and Management)
- Knowledge of current store merchandise assortment and use of inventory management systems.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proficient in computer software (Outlook)
- Independent and self-motivated
- Team mentality
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of Fishers Foods that all employees and applicants be afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity and gender stereotypes), national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging in an EEO protected activity. Fishers Foods prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.
Job Type: Full-time