The Cuyahoga County Board of DD (CCBDD) is seeking two Developmental Specialists to coach, assess, promote, and encourage learning by enhancing routines in partnership with parents/families, and team members that invite play, movement and active exploration in natural environments; assess development in a natural environment. Both positions will be assigned as an Evaluator, however one is an Evaluator Floater. The nature of work for a Developmental Specialist will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Perform developmental evaluations/assessments in the home or in a community setting of the family choice and document the results.
- Perform and document the routines based interview (RBI) in collaboration with the family and/or Core Team members.
- Work collaboratively with transdisciplinary Core Team members, including parents, service coordinators and therapists in the development and implementation of the IFSP.
- Develop IFSP outcomes with family, within their everyday routines and activities identified as important by the parent/primary caregiver.
- Perform data entry into the Evidence-Based Early Intervention (EBEI) database as directed.
- Provide demonstration, modeling, coaching and consultation to parents and children to enhance their use of strategies to achieve outcomes.
- Inform parents of available services and resources as they relate to and support IFSP outcomes.
- Provide public and private agencies information about the early intervention program of the CCBDD.
- Together with the Service Coordinator, assist parents and children with transition at age three into their educational environment.
- Maintain accurate records of individual child's progress per the IFSP and during regular home visits. Complete paperwork and documentation necessary for ongoing programming.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.