Direct Care Staff – Summit County
Midwest Family of Companies – Midwest Health Services
- The Midwest Mission for its’ Direct Care Staff is to provide person-centered, community-based supports to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Midwest strives to be more than a provider of services; we are committed to being a valued asset to our community. This commitment starts at the top with Joe and Kristine Knetzer, the owners that have worked to instill family values into their business since opening in 2000.
A Great Opportunity
- No experience required means that you, as a direct support professional (DSP) with Midwest, will be trained on the ins and outs of the job. To include:
- CPR/First Aid
- Medication Delegation
- Homemaker Personal Care Skills
- Midwest’s administrative team has years of experience and takes a step by step, day by day approach to new employee training.
- Growth from within. When Residential Manager or Program Coordinator positions become available, Midwest turns to its Direct Support Staff first.
- Rewarding. As a direct care staff, you’ll be responsible for supporting men and women in their homes. Your assistance allows them to pursue their hopes and dreams, live safely and build meaningful relationships. You will add structure and support to their everyday lives.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Providing services, supports and care as identified in each assigned person's Individual Service Plan.
- Assisting of individuals with activities of daily living ranging from occasional verbal reminders to total assistance with homemaker personal care tasks, such as; bathing, medication delegation, cleaning, etc.
- Provide meaningful and goal oriented interaction with all individuals based off the plan of care and individual service plan.
- Provide formal and informal training and assistance with social interaction skills: talking, writing, leisure activities, treatment toward self and others, etc.
- Provide transportation for individuals to and from community outings/ activities and scheduled appointments as required.
- Provide supervision and support to individuals in community settings.
- Ensure a healthy, clean and safe living environment for individuals and other staff.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
We Are Looking For Someone That
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Current Driver's License AND eligible to meet driving insurability standards
- STNA or Homemaker Personal Care Experience (Not Required)
What We Offer You
- Benefit package for all employees
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Sick Time
- Holiday Pay
- Job Specific Trainings and Continuous Learning Opportunities
- Promotion Opportunities
- Person centered atmosphere and an on call administrative team for support
- Flexible schedules
- Additional Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Vacation time
- Health Insurance
Midwest About Us
Other Career opportunities
Midwest Family Career Opportunities
Other positions with similar duties include:
- State Tested Nursing Aide (STNA), Home Health Aid (HHA), Direct Support Professional (DSP), and Direct Care Professional