Position Title: Employment Strategist
Department: Supportive Services
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
Rate of Pay: $13.00 to $16.00 Per Hour DOE
Application Deadline: 5:00pm, Friday, July 20, 2018
Instructions for Application: ** Noted at Bottom of This Posting **
Note: Must Submit a Cover Letter and a Current Resume for Consideration
Please; No Phone Calls
This position provides supportive employment assistance and transition from homelessness into rent assisted housing for Rapid Re-Housing (RRH) candidates. The position will implement rapid job placement, innovative leadership, collaboration and coordination with CHES (Stark County Housing and Economic Stability) partners to drive employment retention and reduce recidivism.
Performs rapid job placement, job coaching, skills training, assessment, benefits counseling, intervention and advocacy for those candidates pursuing employment opportunities.
- Collaborates/coordinates with CHES (Stark County Housing and Economic Stability) partners to lead innovative community engagement, creating synergistic strategies as well as identifying and eliminating gaps and duplication in client services.
- Drafts professional documentation and as well as compiles relevant data into professional presentations.
- Implements motivational interviewing techniques to enhance RRH candidate’s movement from homelessness into stable housing. Works in tandem with employment retention strategies and housing solutions to increase employment retention through the 90-180 employment day milestones.
- Maintains strict candidate confidentiality.
- Maintains records and statistics including the rate of recidivism reduction and the increase in employment outcomes within the RRH program.
- Drives program development and quality assurance.
- Enters accurate data into agency data system(s) and HMIS (Homeless Management Information System).
- Provides transportation to clients via employee’s personal vehicle.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and/or Experience
- AA/BA in mental health, addiction, social services or related field preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience with population of focus and demonstrated ability and aptitude to provide direct care to participants in Supported Employment.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current and valid Driver License, access to vehicle
Ability to read and interpret professional publications, detailed instructions, government regulations, grants, proposals, and contracts. Ability to write and present information to team members, employers, stakeholders and public groups. Ability to communicate new ideas and processes clearly and succinctly. Ability to work cooperatively with people of diverse backgrounds, cultures and needs and to negotiate situations with differing viewpoints and objectives.
Detail orientated with an ability to meet deadlines. Possesses an understanding of the non-profit/social services and private sectors.
Effective use of Microsoft Word and Excel. Working knowledge of Microsoft Publisher and PowerPoint and use of the Internet for research and communications. Adaptable to database, compliance and reporting software.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Majority of job requirements are performed in an office setting. Requires ability to use computer and operate standard business office equipment. Requires the ability to travel by automobile and attend state meetings and conferences.
Instructions for Application:
Send a Cover Letter and a Current Resume to:
Keith B./ Employment Specialist
1214 Market Avenue North
Canton, Ohio 44714
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $16.00 /hour
- social services/mental health/job placement for homeless: 2 years
- current Ohio Drivers License