Due to growth, our client is adding an Engineering Manager to direct the Electrical Group which is comprised of 13 designers and engineers. They must have knowledge of medium and low voltage power distribution equipment and associated controls/data acquisition systems
The Electrical Engineering Manager will need to be a functional and strategic leader, and must be able to provide detailed troubleshooting assistance and fully understand work design requirements during proposal generation. They must be able to manage experienced, self-motivated engineering staff, providing a balance between empowerment and direction. They will play an active role in requirements planning, customer expectation management, solution delivery, and problem resolution.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, master’s preferred.
• Professional Engineering License preferred
• 10+ years of related engineering experience, including relevant leadership experience directing a team of engineers.
• Knowledge of ANSI, IEEE, NEC and other industry applicable standards and codes
• Knowledge of DC traction power equipment preferred
• Knowledge of power system analysis and associated calculations
• Familiarity with power system components and their application/specification