Flynn Environmental Inc. in North Canton, Ohio is seeking an Environmental Remediation System Construction, Operation, and Maintenance Technician.
Responsibilities for this position include (but are not limited to):
- Assistance with the hands-on construction, installation, operation, troubleshooting, modification, and maintenance of mechanical groundwater and vapor extraction and treatment systems and other remediation systems and equipment, including pumps and blowers;
- Collecting environmental samples (water and vapor) from treatment systems;
- Collecting groundwater samples from monitor wells;
- Assistance with injecting remediation chemicals into the subsurface;
- Supervise contractors on equipment and piping installations;
- Troubleshooting programmable logic controls (PLC) and using remote monitoring technology;
- Assistance with general facility maintenance;
- Travel to various job sites in Ohio and Western Pennsylvania;
Candidate Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Mechanical, electrical, and plumbing aptitude, experience, and capabilities;
- Ability to perform physical labor and construction and maintenance activities;
- Must be a team player with very good technical, mechanical, troubleshooting, problem solving, organizational, and communication skills;
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to drive a company vehicle;
- Must be able to wear an air-purifying respirator and pass a DOT physical exam;
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification is a plus, and will eventually be required to perform the duties of this position;
- Alcohol/Drug Screening and a Background Check are required;
- Previous experience with environmental remediation systems preferred but not required.
Flynn Environmental offers a competitive salary and benefit package including medical, prescription, SIMPLE-IRA, bonus plan, paid vacation, and more.
Applicants should submit a resume to Flynn Environmental at:
Flynn Environmental, Inc.
5640 Whipple Avenue NW
North Canton, Ohio 44720
Attn: Job Search
Or e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org