Kimble Company is seeking an Environmental Technician to perform skilled technical and manual labor in a variety of duties associated with monitoring and maintaining landfill and mining operations. Duties may include: field exploration, sample collection and field analysis (air, soil, groundwater, surface water, and building materials), file review and documentation (local and state), lab data reduction and preparation of summary tables, filing, letter and report preparation.
The Environmental Technician may perform calculations, check calculations, perform certain field investigations or documentation tasks, perform data entry and assist with project organization and documentation. This individual will be dealing with governmental compliance regulations and paperwork.
- Monitor methane/oxygen levels; monitoring gas wells, collecting samples, ensuring proper operation of wells and probes; preparing accurate reports, correspondence and logs.
- Prepare or complete various forms, reports, correspondence, and air monitoring reports, storm water reports, gas monitoring reports, groundwater reports, and other documents.
- Write field reports, internal correspondence and sections of formal reports and proposals.
- Inspect operations of landfill gas system, leachate collection system, pump stations and related systems; conducts storm water compliance inspections; collects air monitoring data, record operating data pertaining to systems and pump stations; conduct random inspections of waste trucks or other vehicles bringing materials into the landfill to identify potentially hazardous materials, maintain records of inspection activities and findings.
- This position will assist with reporting and testing
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team, being able to multi task
- Attention to detail is paramount
- Ability to continually strive for system and process improvements
- Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills necessary (data entry/ability to learn and analyze new applications)
- Collect storm water samples, groundwater samples, and landfill gas samples. Knowledge of groundwater and gas well field monitoring a plus.
This position requires lifting, stooping, climbing, the use of general hand tools, and specialized equipment. Must be proficient in computer operations/programs (Auto CAD, Word, Excel) and be able to enter, modify and retrieve/analyze data accurately, including composing spreadsheets and project/construction schedules.
Environmental Background preferred with Associates Degree or relevant experience. Previous laboratory experience is helpful
Kimble Company offers a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Short Term Disability with a Health Savings account that grows using pre-tax money. We offer a 401k plan with company match, 10 days’ paid Vacation and Holidays after 90 days.
Kimble Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or national origin.