SUMMARY: The Estimator’s primary function is to estimate projects and to perform material take-offs from plans & specifications. This position will determine job complexity, assists with the quoting process and communicate with the customer and appropriate OGI departments.
This job description does not describe all activities, duties, responsibilities or physical demands that are required of the employee for this job. Likewise, the work environment described is merely representative. Duties, responsibilities, activities, physical demands and work environment may change at any time, with or without notice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads, interprets and reviews grating products on structural steel drawings
- Assembles the estimate and forwards to the sales department
- Communicates as needed with the customer to assure all is thorough and accurate
- Communicates with sales, detailing and production as to the job requirements
- Perform material take-offs from appropriate drawings after down loading from source or requested by sales
- Read structural and architectural drawings
- Read and interpret project specifications and become the technical material expert
- Primary role in determining the estimated costs on individual projects
- Performs all duties according to established company operating, safety, environmental, engineering, nd quality policies.
- Determine load calculations for grating
- Check drawings for accuracy
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND PROFICIENCIES: A High School diploma or equivalent is required, an Associate Degree in Engineering is preferred. A minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in drafting and estimating. Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Outlook, and Word). Excellent customer service and communication skills are required.
The following experience is preferred: experience with structural steel, structural steel drafting experience, ability to estimate FRP structural products, and AutoCad experience.
EEO STATEMENT: OGI is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state, or federal laws.