Concorde Therapy Group
Job Location: This opening is for our Alliance, Ohio fitness facility.
Summary: The Fitness Leader will be responsible for monitoring members in the fitness facility. They will monitor that the members are utilizing the facility in a safe and efficient manner. The Fitness Leader will also be responsible for maintaining the fitness center, including equipment, cleanliness of the facility, and maintaining a clean and inviting atmosphere.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Prescribe flexibility, cardiovascular, and other strength training exercises.
- Perform fitness assessments.
- Evaluate, correct, and instruct members on proper exercise techniques.
- Take heart rates and member blood pressures as needed.
- Assist Wellness Manager with coordination, promotion, and implementation of Wellness based programs.
- Assist Wellness Manager in monitoring daily operations and maintenance of pool.
- Supervise members as well as attend to their needs in a polite, courteous, friendly, as well as professional manner.
- Schedule appointments, process membership agreements, and perform other administrative duties as assigned.
- Document all maintenance problems with fitness equipment.
- Perform tasks required to keep fitness area safe, as well as clean, for members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills are required. A well-trained individual who possesses and demonstrates high energy. CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications are required.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or GED and in pursuit of a Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or related field. Certification through a national organization, ACSM, ACE, NSCA, NASM, or AFAA. experience in designing, implementing, and evaluation of fitness programs.