This position is responsible for the design, implementation and administration of employee benefit and leave programs. Must strive to meet the Agency mission and exemplify the Agency’s core values.
Evaluation of this position is based primarily on performance of the following essential functions, which include, but are not limited to:
- Administer the employee benefits program. Process benefit enrollment changes using on-line enrollment system and authorize deduction changes in Payroll initiated by employment status change, open enrollment or eligible qualifying event. Assist in provider selection process, review of plan document changes and open enrollment process. Primary point of contact for employees with claim issues/benefit inquiries. Provide monthly review and approval of benefit enrollment invoices.
- Primary point of contact for FMLA for employees as well as a resource for managers. Administer Leave of Absence requests and related paperwork for medical, personal, disability and FMLA leaves using leave management software. Effectively interpret FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for employees regarding accessibility and ADA reasonable accommodation requests. Effectively interpret ADA implications as they relate to requests for accommodation.
- Serve as primary back-up for Payroll and Systems Specialists including, but not limited to, processing timecards on a weekly basis.
- Perform routine and complex administrative duties related to confidential and sensitive communications and materials (ie. strategic planning, employee grievance/labor negotiation materials, compensation planning, disciplinary actions, etc.).
- Provide customer service to all stakeholders; answering telephones, responding to all levels of staff providing information and assistance.
- Use word-processing, database, spreadsheet software, and timekeeping in the course of assigned duties. Gather information, compile reports, maintain office records/forms and filing system. Prepare a variety of material such as interoffice communications, correspondence, forms, statistics, and reports. Operate standard office equipment including a computer, calculator, fax machine, copier, printer and other related equipment.
- Maintain accurate and detailed calendar of events, schedule meetings and prepare meeting materials.
- Maintain and update department intranet and website information to ensure accuracy.
- Provide project support to supervisor.
- Participates in the development, recommendation and maintenance of established procedures within the department consistent with best practices and governmental regulatory requirements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education/experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired preferred.
Experience: Five years of verifiable paid human resource experience, preferably in the area of benefit administration and software systems/modules including on-line enrollment, leave management, attendance and payroll. Experience administering benefits under collective bargaining agreements preferred.
Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database programs. Read, understand, and communicate information and ideas presented in writing. Use mathematics to solve problems. Obtain and use equipment, facilities, and materials required to perform work.