United Surface Finishing
Hard Chrome Plater
$13 per hour
Chrome Platers are responsible for the preparation, plating, and inspection of industrial materials. This employee will support the other staff by completing the following duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Racking Parts and material handling
- Masking of part prior to plate
- Packaging parts after plating
- Operating overhead crane
- Measuring of parts and performing simple mathematical calculations
- Knowledge of plating process and general characteristics of repeat parts or similar parts
- Proper identification of all containers, as to their content
- Identification of safe handling procedures and required personal protective equipment (PPE) of all chemicals per chemical specifications, operating procedures, and specific MSDS
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of a high school education
- Plating or other comparable experience is preferred, but not required
- Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
- The ability to accurately count, measure, and record information
- A valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
This position has a comprehensive set of duties that are made clear in the work environment. This description is not intended to cover every aspect of the employee’s roles and responsibilities. Duties may be added to this list at any time.