Kimble Company has EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITIES for a disciplined, hardworking and safe Heavy Equipment Diesel Mechanic. We are currently seeking a highly skilled Mechanic for our Mining Division located in Dover, Ohio. Working under limited supervision, our diesel mechanics trouble shoot and identify maintenance repairs while primarily working on semis and trailers in our shop. Occasionally will be working on large mining equipment. We are looking for someone who can adjust priorities quickly and think outside the box as needed.
This position will need to be the equivalent of an A level or B level mechanic, pay is on scale with A or B level positions.
Minimum qualifications of this position include:
- Safety is a primary consideration and all rules and regulations must be followed at all times.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- Performs repairs and assigned primarily to larger repair projects.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronic systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times and if there are deviations of the times report to shift supervisor.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair time.
- Assists senior mechanics or supervisor’s in the completion of project work.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Company and OSHA Standards and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
B Level Mechanic
- Intermediate level mechanic requiring minimal supervision
- Meets all the requirements for “ C & D Level Mechanics” as well as
- Intermediate knowledge of Air Brakes
- Intermediate knowledge of Steering and Suspension
- Intermediate knowledge of Hydraulic Systems
- Intermediate knowledge of Drive Train components
- Intermediate knowledge of Electrical Systems
- ASE certification in Brakes preferred
- All Basic hand and air tools up to ½ “ drive
- Good Welding skills preferred
Kimble Company offers a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability with a Health Savings account that grows using pre-tax money. We offer 401k plan with company match, 10 days Paid Vacation after 90 days and paid Holidays.
Please apply on our website at www.kimblecompanies.com/careers or in person at:
3596 State Route 39 NW, Dover, Ohio 44622
Kimble Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, age, military status or genetic information.