Human Resources Manager
Reporting to the CFO, this newly created position will lead Q-Lab’s worldwide hiring, onboarding, coaching and employee development efforts. This critical role combines both strategic planning and ‘hands – on’ leadership in executing key HR initiatives, providing responsive internal employee support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
Accountabilities include developing talent management systems, leadership training, recruitment, onboarding, performance evaluations, compensation analysis, employee retention, succession planning and developing employee satisfaction initiatives. This role will have one HR administrator as a direct report, but also requires a person who is comfortable performing tactical responsibilities -- ensuring that HR tools, training and resources are available to support every employee.
Q-Lab Corporation is a global leader in providing material durability testing products such as weathering testers, light stability testers and corrosion testers. We maintain a global presence with manufacturing facilities in the US and sales and distribution facilities in England, Germany and China. We also perform expert contract testing at our benchmark exposure locations in Florida and Arizona. Our world-class corporate headquarters and manufacturing facility are located in Westlake, Ohio. We are a ‘2012, 2015 and 2016 Top Workplaces Award Winner’ (Cleveland, OH).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and develop the recruiting, hiring and on-boarding programs
- Responsible for all locations worldwide, including USA, England, Germany and China. Initially, about 20% travel is required
- Develop a mentorship program, with department managers, to assess and grow leadership capabilities of front line employees.
- Lead the company’s performance evaluation process
- Administer the company’s Retirement Plan, which includes: monitoring employee eligibility, enrollment, annual audit, IRS filings and Plan documents
- Manage the company’s Healthcare Plan, disability insurance, life insurance, COBRA and FSA Plan
- Oversee compensation programs; analyze job tasks and work processes for new positions and reclassification of current roles; coordinate classification studies and conduct salary surveys
- Assist with succession planning of key personnel by identifying talent and develop future leaders through appropriate job assignments and personal development plans
- Initiate programs that instill an environment of trust, cooperation and communication for personal growth and the achievement of the company’s goals.
- Lead the company’s workplace safety and wellness programs
- Point person for worker’s compensation plans whose responsibilities include: managing a third-party administrator relationship, involvement in workplace injuries and providing reporting to Bureau of Worker’s Compensation and private insurers.
- Maintain and update the employee policy manual and adherence
- Interact with outside legal counsel on employment relationship matters
- Maintain records for various employer sponsored programs that benefit the company’s employees
- Act as an advisor to the company’s management by staying informed on federal and state HR laws and regulations which includes EEO and Affirmative Action Plan
Qualifications for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources
- 5+ years of experience in a human resources leadership position for a manufacturing company
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of talent acquisition and management strategies and building high-performance teams
- Demonstrated ability to improve employee morale
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time
- Comprehensive understanding of local, state and federal employment laws
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills
- Sound judgment, positive attitude and high level of organizational skills
- A casual, fast-moving, and friendly work atmosphere
- A big business footprint, but small business family culture
- A proven track record of success
- Excellent compensation package + bonus
- Vacation, Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Comprehensive benefits: Health, Prescription and Life
- 2012, 2015, 2016 Best Workplaces Award Winner (Cleveland, OH)