Christian Children’s Home of Ohio is seeking mental health therapists/counselors to provide cutting edge, intensive trauma treatment services to clients on an outpatient basis.
The ideal candidate for this position is a licensed, master’s level counselor or social worker who displays mental toughness, the desire to learn & grow, and an ability to maintain balance while daily hearing about things that the worst of humanity can do to one another. This evidence-based, cutting edge (non-traditional) trauma therapy method is a tough grind, but produces great rewards. It is highly effective, often displaying amazing results in one week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: It is the responsibility of each employee to be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ and to adhere to the Standard of Moral Conduct and Statement of Faith. Further, each employee is responsible for dealing with others with a Christ-like attitude while helping them experience their worth in Christ, and for demonstrating behaviors reflecting CCHO's core values of Relentless Commitment, Selflessness, and Kindness.
Other essential functions include the following:
- Complete or update mental health assessments, providing accurate mental health diagnosis of assigned clients.
- Complete or update treatment plans (ISPs) in collaboration with client, formulating goals, objectives and interventions relevant to client’s diagnosis.
- Provide timely and well-written documentation on all clients to assist therapist in developing the minimum of mental health assessments, ISPs, discharge summaries, progress notes and recommendations when necessary. Progress notes – conducted in collaboration with the client and/or family member – should be submitted according to agency deadlines/requirements for billing purposes.
- Provide intensive trauma treatment for individuals according to client’s treatment plan.
- Participate in Quality Improvement activities, including, but not limited to, peer review.
- Discharge clients according to progress, completing necessary paperwork and making appropriate referrals for after care.
- Attend community and agency meetings as needed, including, but not limited to staff meetings, clinical and/or small group supervision as required to increase & maintain competencies in mental health field.
- Engage in on-going training and maintenance of licensure and/or mental health credentials.
- Engage in supervision to evaluate counseling techniques and interventions.
- Submit accurate timekeeping records by payroll deadlines.
- Attend wrap-around meetings and family team meetings, facilitating as needed.
- Maintain consistent contact, as applicable, with community team; which could include juvenile court, children's services, family first council, schools and other applicable social service agencies.
- Complete progress reports to referral sources as requested or appropriate.
- Ensure personal productivity and expectations standards are met through collaboration with program director.
Other duties may be assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Master’s level social worker (MSW, LSW, LISW), or Master’s level counselor (LPC, LPCC), with independent licensure preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. .
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and utilize MS Office package (MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can vary, depending on client.
Applicants must be 21 and have the required education/clinical license, valid driver's license and reliable transportation. References, background checks and drug screenings will be completed on all potential candidates. EOE.