Design and develop electrical panels and PLC control systems for automatic assembly and machines to meet customer requirements.
· Design and develop electrical panels and PLC control systems for automatic assembly and brazing machines in accordance with customer requirements and proper return on investment.
· Prepare engineering designs to support quoted specifications.
· Plan and design panels and electrical diagram layouts on CAD using Draftsight software.
· Manage own projects and support designs simultaneously on multiple machine projects.
· Establish vendor relationships to ensure competency obtaining quotes.
· Prepare and provide instructions for assembly, operation and troubleshooting of electrical panels and PLC control systems.
· Troubleshoot electrical panels, PLC programs, and overall control systems.
· Provide technical support to the Test Department to resolve customer issues.
· May travel to existing or prospective customer facilities for troubleshooting and installation of machines.
· Work with Sales, Manufacturing and others on matters of mutual concern and responsibility.
· Maintain technical competency and remain up to date on current engineering developments and trends.
· Commit to following the Quality Policy established procedures and guidelines as required by ISO 9001:2008 standards.
· Adhere to and enforce prescribed safety rules and regulations.
· Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
· Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, or equivalent experience.
· 3+ years of electrical engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
· AutoCAD or Draftsight experience in designing electrical panels and schematics.
· Experience programming Allen Bradley PLCs.
· Experience programming servo drives.
· Project Management and organizational skills.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· Proven analytical and problem solving abilities.
· Display willingness and ability to make sound, accurate decisions.
· Computer literacy in Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Microsoft Project and Auto CAD or Draftsight.