At Delco, we bring more than 40 years of experience in project management, engineering services and product development in the design and manufacture of precision components and assemblies. Delco is proud to support the aerospace, energy, military and armor, heavy truck and automotive, oil and gas, plastics, biopharmaceutical, and medical markets.
Delco is looking for a motivated, enthusiastic Junior Sales Representative to prospect new business opportunities and support current sales activities for the contract manufacturing and valve lines. The ideal candidate for this position will be a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to quickly learn all aspects of Delco’s business, products, and service capabilities.
Essential Job Functions:
Works directly with sales and management to develop creative solutions for individual accounts.
Maintains a computerized system to track prospect activity and successes.
Provide daily accurate forecasts to the sales organization and executive management
Build new business opportunities to grow revenue through prospecting
Develop sales activity with regular updates of leads, contacts, and opportunities
Submits orders accurately/completely to maximize sales potential in the field and minimize time involved with order processing and errors associated with orders.
Works with management to price all products appropriately to maximize sales and overall profitability.
Gains a strong understanding of the Delco product and service offerings.
Develops and reports competitive information on market conditions, new product ideas, account potential, industry trends and sales strategies.
- Using consultative sales methods; analyze each prospect and identify needs
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university. Degree in marketing, business, or related field preferred.
- Must demonstrate ability to interact effectively with customers
- Must be able to present information effectively in one-on-one and small group situations to customers
- Must be able to read and interpret financial/pricing data or can learn how to read and understand financial/pricing data.
- Must have intermediate computer skills (email, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets)
- Must have familiarity with engineering prints
- High level of energy, motivation, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment, and professionalism
- Self-starter with solid organizational and planning skills
- Competitive and focused on achieving goals.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to competently use Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have strong time management, interpersonal, problem solving, conflict resolution, and collaborative selling skills.
- Must be able to compile data and help manage marketing campaigns that can be used via electronic mail.
Benefit package and 401k Plan offered after successful completion of 60-day probationary period. EOE