We have an immediate need for an experienced individual to work in our laboratory for 4 months beginning in June . The main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Butterfat testing, Primary Incubation testing on producers and comingled tank samples, and raw tanks in the plant.
- Weight and volumetric testing for all products manufactured in the plant.
- Environmental testing.
- Verification and calibration of thermometers in the plant.
- Testing on incoming ingredients.
- Raw milk LPC testing.
- Participates in training new hires.
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly while maintainign accuracy.
- Ability to recognize and effectively make modifications to methodologies based on circumstance.
The succesful candidate will have the following:
Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel). G-documents, and G Mail.
Knowledge of basic algebra and chemistry are essential.
Excellent aseptic technique.
Knowledge of FDA, AOAC testing methodologies. Familiar with Standard Methods of the Examination of Dairy Products.
Knowledge of sample preparations and dilution, microbiological plating, subsequent reading and interpreting microbiological results.
Knowledge of butter fat testing. Babcock, Fluoro-Transformer FT-120 testing (Foss), Gerber and Lacticheck.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstractand concrete variables. Ability to recognize when additional resources beyond the scope of the employee or co-workers are necessary.
The successful candidate must have a high school diploma, science exposure, and three to five years of experience in a lab setting. B.S. is preferred, but not required if experienced in a dairy lab.
Job will require working 2nd and some 3rd shifts.