At McKinley Early Childhood Centers, we focus on the whole child, and design our programs to create excitement for learning. This is a full time, permanent position, with the benefits listed below. This position will be focused on ensuring a high-quality program for our children, families, and staff.
This position requires a self-motivated person with a passion for early childhood education. We need someone who has a positive attitude that can multi-task and facilitate a high quality early childhood experience for the children in their care.
- Attend to the needs of each child in your care
- Maintain and safe and healthy environment
- Maintain a positive attitude with children, co-workers, and parents
- Develop and implement lesson plans using the Creative Curriculum
- Maintain open communication with parents about their child’s day and the progress they are making
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior using positive guidance
- Attend all staff meetings and in-service trainings as required by the Company, State licensing, and Step Up to Quality
- Comply with all Company and licensing rules
- Comply with CACFP rules
- Cooperate with your assistant teacher and work together for the good of the classroom and the children.
- Be a mentor to new teachers
- Be open to new ideas
- Do what is asked of you by management to provide the best childcare experience possible!
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent customer service
- Positive attitude
- Time management
- Behavior management
- Flexibility of schedule. Schedules are based on the needs of the Center, so your schedule may vary from time to time.
- Flexibility of roles. Management may need you to fill in for other staff and/or classrooms from time to time.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Must be able to stand for a large portion of the day/move around as needed in order to properly supervise the children
- Knowledge of TS Gold is preferred
- Salary dependent on experience and level of education
- Paid vacation
- Paid training