We are currently hiring a Licensed Therapist for our MI/AoD Team. The Therapist assigned to the MI/AoD Team renders to individuals 11-21 years of age who are impacted by both substance use disorders and mental illness. The Intensive Home Based Therapy interventions will be primarily community based and will focus on recovery and resiliency principles. The therapist will work with parents and other community partners to ensure individuals remain in their homes and are able to obtain needed interventions to address their co-occurring disorders.
This position is community-based and the therapist must possess excellent assessment and crisis intervention skills, as well as demonstrate the ability to collaborate effectively across multiple systems in our community. Knowledge of the DSM V is critical, as well as the ability to complete a Comprehensive Assessment, incorporating excellent evaluation of substance use and needed interventions.
A Master’s Degree in either Counseling or Social Work is required, as well as licensure by the Ohio Board of Counselors, Social Workers, and Marriage and Family Therapists as either an LPC or LSW. A valid Ohio Driver’s License required.
Skills and abilities:
- Ability to assess client and family/support need
- Empowerment and promotion of recovery
- Effective crisis management
- Knowledge of mental illness and substance use
- Advocacy and outreach on behalf of clients
- Symptom monitoring and interventions to reduce psychiatric symptoms
- Knowledge of community resources and natural supports
- Linkage with appropriate resources on behalf of clients
- Willingness to work in a variety of community settings
- Ensure confidentiality of client information
- Perform duties in an ethical manner and maintain professional boundaries
- Attend trainings and meetings as recommended by supervisor
- Accurate and timely documentation according to agency standards
- Utilization of supervision and teamwork toward best practice service delivery
- Ability to respond to the needs of the team on an as needed basis
- Other duties as assigned
Interested parties, please send Resumes to: HR@commquest.org. Please include which position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.