This position is community based and the therapist must possess excellent assessment and crisis intervention skills, as well as demonstrate the ability to collaborate effectively across multiple systems in our community. Knowledge of the DSM V is critical, as well as the ability to complete a Comprehensive Assessment.
A Master’s Degree in either Counseling or Social Work is required, as well as licensure by the Ohio Board of Counselors, Social Workers, and Marriage and Family Therapists as either a LPC or LSW. A valid Ohio Driver’s License required.
1) Ability to assess client and family/support need
2) Empowerment and promotion of recovery
3) Effective crisis management
4) Knowledge of mental illness and developmental disabilities
5) Advocacy and outreach on behalf of clients
6) Symptom monitoring and interventions to reduce psychiatric symptoms
7) Knowledge of community resources and natural supports
8) Linkage with appropriate resources on behalf of clients
9) Willingness to work in a variety of community settings
10) Insure confidentiality of client information
11) Perform duties in an ethical manner and maintain professional boundaries
12) Attend trainings and meetings as recommended by supervisor
13) Accurate and timely documentation according to agency standards
14) Utilization of supervision and teamwork toward best practice service delivery
15) Ability to respond to the needs of the team on an as needed basis
16) Other duties as assigned.
CommQuest Services is the largest provider of addiction and mental health services in Stark County.
Send resumes to email@example.com along with salary requirements. Please put “Licensed Therapist MI/DD Team” in the subject line of the email.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.