Stark Federal Credit Union seeks consumer loan originator/back office processor to process various types of loans and perform title work and file insurance claims. The position reports to the manager of lending. The consumer loan originator will be responsible for managing members through the entire loan process, from data collection to loan closing. Ideal candidate will possess at least one year of consumer loan experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- A thorough understanding of underwriting criteria and consumer lending guidelines.
Maintains awareness and compliance with the credit unions internal policies and procedures, and laws and regulation guiding the consumer loan process.
- Will be capable of discussing various loan alternatives with members or loan officers.
- Take consumer loan, revolving credit and mortgage applications via direct member contact (phone, person, fax, or internet). Enter data online and review for accuracy.
- Obtain and evaluate credit bureau reports on applicants. Verify debts, employment, estimate monthly payments for all outstanding debts and calculate ratios (secured, unsecured, credit/debit ratios) Determine collateral needs and payment plans.
- Interface with vendors for purpose of obtaining information, lending products or services.i.e.: title searches, credit bureau reports and insurances.
- Communicate credit decision to member using appropriate forms for acceptance and denial, or cancellation. Send adverse action form if applicable. Provide loan counseling where needed.
- Process, Close, and Disburse loans to members. Interact directly with member for car quotations, payoff amounts and other inquiries.
- Knowledge of mortgage lending guidelines and NMLS certification.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- File and release liens on collateral
- File insurance claims for gap and credit life and disability insurance
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma, College Degree or related work experience and 3 years related experience with a consumer or revolving credit institution.
Team player, Customer Service skills, Organization, Thoroughness, Financial Skills, Microsoft Office and mortgage origination software, communication skills, valid drivers license.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
NMLS and Notary