Goodwill Industries of Greater Cleveland and East Central Ohio is currently seeking a Full Time Loss Prevention Security Officer to work in our Canton Office to assure security and to prevent damage to or loss of agency and employee property.
- Patrol areas of the building, parking lots, and grounds; to assure security, prevent damage to or loss of agency and employee property.
- Makes scheduled tours of agency and grounds on foot to ensure security, and watches for conditions that could result in injury or loss due to fire, theft, water leakage, spills or sewage backup.
- Immediately reports to the Supervisor of LP/Safety and Security or Police Authorities any unusual or suspicious conditions.
- Checks incoming and outgoing packages and, when directed, employee lunch boxes and/or packages.
- Guards employee entrances during arrival and departure of employees at shift changes. Escort employees to and from their vehicles, when appropriate.
- Opens or locks doors, windows, and gates at proper times based on agency operating schedule.
- Reports to Supervisor of LP/Safety any incidence of visitor, driver, or employee actions which could result in injury or loss to agency or employees.
- Monitors digital Security Camera system.
- Writes reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons or unusual occurrences.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Maintain participant confidentiality according to operating standards.
- Performs other duties as addigned.
- Integrity, respect for all, customer ervice, safety, problem solving, attention to detail, decision making, communication.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be CPR and First Aid Certified or able to obtain in 60 days after hire.
- Must have valid driver's license and automotive insurance.
- Must regularly provide the agency with proof of valid automotive insurance.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time. Work in both indoor and outdoor environments, with exposure to inclement weather and unpredictable crisis situations. Must be able to lift/carry up to 20 pounds and walk approximately 60 feet. Must be able to use general office and phone systems, tow motors, and surveillance systems.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in working with persons with disabilities preferred.
- Exhibit self-confidence and remain calm in emergency situations; work under pressure.
- Use personal judgement to assess situations (observe details) and determine best outcome.
- Relate to individuals with understanding to maintain harmony.
- Arrange ideas, thoughts and information in a clear and concise manner.
This is a part time 29 hours a week position.
Background checks and pre-employment drug screens will be performed.
Apply Online using the Apply Now Button.
Help Make Good Skills Possible: Join the Goodwill Team Today! Equal Opportunity Employer- Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran