MEDICAL LAB TECHNICIAN or MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST – Full Time
Medical Lab Tech (MLT) $22.25
Medical Technologist - ASCP (Reg) $26.81
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Works under the supervision of the Director, Lab, Manager, Lab, and/or section Supervisor. This is for a generalist technologist. As a generalist they will be expected to work Hematology, Chemistry, Limited Microbiology and Blood Bank. Duties include: performance of clinical lab testing; performance of quality control; analyzing patient results and quality control data; performing maintenance duties troubleshooting, and assisting in specimen processing when needed.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work inherent in the job.
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent.
2. Associate Degree in a lab science or equivalent.
3. MLT or MT certifications or get MLT or MT certification within 6 months of hire.
4. One year of MT or MLT experience preferred.
5. Applicable Medical Technician/Technologist skills required to perform job duties.
6. Excellent attendance record.
7. Ability to work independently.
8. Good communication skills.
9. Excellent interpersonal/customer service skills and ability to work well with people projecting a
positive image for the Hospital.
10. Excellent communication, organizational skills.
11. Ability to work independently and prioritize work.
12. Good typing skills with PC data entry knowledge.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Please apply on-line at www.unionhospital.org.